School Information: COVID-19 Coronavirus, April 7th
Hey students, I have posted the latest information below. If you have any questions feel free to email me any time at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are failing a course you should have received contact from your teacher. If you have not, email them as soon as you can. We want to make sure you have an opportunity to improve your grades and be successful in all your courses.
- Many of you have been interested in continuing your learning. Teachers will not require anyone to continue with their courses. However, if you want to continue your learning in an effort to prepare yourself for post-secondary, prerequisite courses, etc. your teacher will help you.
- Career Ed. Volunteer hours - The Department of Education has waived the career education hours requirement for LEVEL 3 students. Sorry grade eleven's you will have to do it next year. :)
- ALL students are able to access a variety of CDLI resources to help with their learning. To learn how to access the resources, please navigate to the CDLI website at https://www.cdli.ca It's awesome!
- The District has launched a NL Guidance Service in an effort to ensure that all students have access to a qualified School Counselor during this time. They have established a volunteer team of counselors from across the district who will: ● Provide confidential, individual counselling services via telephone during school hours (9:00 am - 3:00pm NST Monday to Friday); and ● Make referrals to community agencies as necessary and appropriate. Click on the link to view further information: NL Guidance Information
- CDLI (math 3208) Students - your teachers will be in contact via BrightSpace email and/or messages within BrightSpace. Please check your CDLI BrightSpace email or course homepage for updates.
School Information: COVID-19 Coronavirus, April 4th
Hello Students and Parents, we have just received information concerning credits and continued education. You may read the latest message from the school district by clicking on the link below. I'm sure there will be many questions over the next few days. Feel free to contact me at email@example.com and I will do what I can to help/clarify. Stay safe everyone. Mr. Spurrell
Hey Everyone, your Student Council have plan a number of activities and spirit days to keep you busy and CONNECTED! Check it out on their Instagram account chs.src
School Information: COVID-19 Coronavirus, March 23rd
Hi students and parents, here are a few of the most recent updates. If you need anything or have questions feel free to email me, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access to school has been limited to caretakers and administrators. All student lockers have been cleaned and the contents have been labelled and stored safely. If there are any items you need due to an emergency please email me.
- Presently there's no information regarding collecting or returning textbooks. If you have a text at home please hold on to it until we receive further direction.
- On a positive note, we have donated 58 cases of juice and 10 large boxes of bagels to the local food bank!
- I am expecting to receive information regarding course work and grades later this week. Please understand that this is a very complex issue. The Newfoundland Department of Education/ School District has to consider graduation requirements, credits, accommodations, scholarships and post secondary entrance requirements.
Presently, the Newfoundland and Labrador English School District is launching a resource to assist and guide families with continued learning opportunities while in-school instruction remains suspended. The resource, Learning at Home: Good at Learning-Good at Life (http://learningathome.nlesd.ca) is a Google site, a platform familiar to our students and staff. The site will provide opportunities to foster a passion for learning through engaging online and offline adventures and activities.
For now, there is no expectation for families to be teachers and there is no expectation for teachers to assign grades or values to any work students complete while they are at home. However, students are encouraged to share their learning and routines with their teachers for feedback.
School Information: COVID-19 coronavirus, March 19th
Please click on the link below to access the latest information from our Director of Education, Mr. Tony Stack. If you have any further questions feel free to contact any of your teachers or administrators through email. Thanks
Pi Day - March 3rd
Lot's of excitement at CHS this week as teachers and students celebrated Mathematics. Shout out to our organizers, Ms. Pond, Mr. O'Rielly, Mrs. Organ and Ms. Goulding.
Lion's Club Speak Off
VERY VERY proud of this crew! Kaitlyn, Jacob, Jonas, Sophia, Rebecca and Jenna who competed at the regional Lions Club Speak off. Good luck to Jenna who will be moving on to the next level of competition.
Thanks to the CHS Interac Club for adopting Paul from the Koala Bear Hospital in Australia, he is ours for a year! Paul was burned badly in the wildfires this past month but with our help is on the mend! BIG shout out to the Interac Club for taking this one on. They raised close to 300.00 and with the funds they also supported two different fire departments fighting the fires! #gocougars
Cougar Cup Points - Top 3
1. Hackett - 311 points
2. Goulding - 207 points
3. Bourgeois - 189 points
4. O'Rielly - 169 points
5. Walsh - 163 Points